Bruins’ 2018-2019 Season Preparation Begins
BostonBruins.comLast season may have ended before fans expected, but the future looked bright. The mixture of veterans and rookies who gained experience last year may lead the Boston Bruins to the promised land sooner than later. If Charlie McAvoy and Jake DeBrusk continue on the rise from last season, the team has the potential to go deep into the playoffs. The division also became much tougher as Tampa is still a strong contender, and the Maple Leafs’ addition of Tavares will make those games a battle.
Some players have began skating this week for the Bruins at captain’s practice. The Warrior Arena ice has seen Bergeron, Krejci and other notable players preparing to begin the long road toward the NHL season. Some of the veterans have decided to not make the trip to China, as Bergeron and Chara have decided to rest to be fully prepared for the upcoming season. Bergeron is hoping to be ready for opening night as he had groin surgery in the offseason. They have two games scheduled against Calgary.
The season will be here before we know it, and the preaseson schedule is set before the puck drops for real on opening night.
– Rookie camp opens on Sep. 7th
– Prospects Challenge Rookie Games have been scheduled versus the Pittsburgh Penguins, Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils.
– Training Camp begins for all players on Sep. 14th
2018 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
September 15 (China)
– Preseason Game at Calgary Flames – 2:30am
– Preseason Game vs Washington Capitals – 1:00pm
– Preseason Game at Washington Capitals – 7:00pm
September 19 (China)
– Preseason Game vs. Calgary Flames – 7:30am
– Preseason Game at Detroit Red Wings – 7:00pm
– Preseason Game at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00pm
– Preseason Game vs. Detroit Red Wings – 7:00pm
– Preseason Game vs. Philadelphia Flyers – 5:00pm
Follow on Twitter: @SOURCEFRIAS