Welcome back to the Celtics season tipoff countdown!
Recent Team News
Brad Stevens recently sat down for a Q&A with the Eagle Tribune. A couple of the more interesting quotes: when asked about the defensive success of his teams, he said, “It’s something players have to be really committed to, not only defending individually but defending together, and we’ve had guys willing to do that.” Stevens is always one to shift the praise to his players, and he continues to do so.
He also said, when the Tribune asked him about his first five years, “Well, it’s been a lot of fun. I just enjoy going to work every day and working to get better.” It comes as no surprise that Stevens refuses to settle, just as he implores his players to do.
Read the full interview here.
On This Date
August 20, 2015: The Celtics signed free agent Coty Clarke to a deal. The small forward from Arkansas did not make the team after one preseason game. However, he would sign with the D-League affliate Red Claws shortly after. In March, he earned two ten-day contracts, in which he played in three games. He finished out the season in the D-League and was not retained afterwards.
- Al Horford played 57% of his minutes at the center position. The remaining 43% were at the power forward.
- The 1957 Celtics team won the franchise’s first-ever NBA title. The team went 44-28 and defeated the Hawks in seven games to capture the championship.
That concludes today’s Countdown to Celtics Tipoff. Make sure to check back here tomorrow as the clock continues to tick towards the 2018-19 season!