So, again an essay. It is perfect if you are full of ideas and are looking forward to this task to share your ideas with the world. However, do you know, so to say, “technical” details of essay writing? And what about famous quotes and citations of people who have influenced our world in one or other way? For all those things, and to provide you with more ideas, of course, some useful information sources online exist. They are different, so, let us divide them into two main categories:
- Online sources that provide you with general tips about writing a paper, an essay in our case. Owl.purdue.edu is one of the most valued.
- Online sources that provide you with information about a particular topic. There, you can get relevant information about a specific topic.
- Finally, there are even source where you can find ready citations on one or another topic, along with some phraseological expressions, and so on. They do not belong to the previously mentioned categories, so let us arrange them as a separate category.
Whenever you get an essay as our homework assignment, make sure you use all the categories. If you believe, and there are proofs that you are an essay expert and know everything about how to write an essay, you might skip the first category. But if you want to write a relevant to the topic, meaningful and interesting to read the paper, the second and the third categories of online sources are a must to check and to use.
Now, let us have a closer look at them. And you can be sure: after reading this, you will have enough material to write any essay from scratch even if you study in one of the most demanding colleges in the world: Boston College.
Check the Domestic Sources for the Basic Information
Check the website of your university, in our case, we are talking about Boston College, for the general and specific requirements that might be valid there only or which might be paid more specific attention to.
As well, do not forget to specify all the technical matters by our teacher. He/she is the only one who is going to evaluate your paper. Hence, the requirements of our teacher should be of the highest priority. But anyway, usually, all such details are provided in the requirements for your essay, so, make sure you follow them without any deviations.
Further, if you want to check the general tips from professional writers, or simply to make sure that you are right when selecting one structure over another one, you can move to the first, very general category of sources.
Information from These Sources Can Be Used for Any Essay
Here we go with the first category of our valuable online sources for students of Boston College and not only. Of course, you can use them, it doesn’t matter where you study.
- Grammarly.com – this is a free editor online with just amazing functionality. There is a free and a paid version available. The first option is most suitable for those who need to get rid of grammar mistakes in their papers. But if you have issues with wording and need suggestions on how to build phrases and sentences, you might want to purchase a paid version.
- Merriam-Webster.com – yep, you know what a dictionary is used for, don’t you? Just make sure you spell the words correctly!
Particular Information about a Given Topic Is Needed?
In any case, you cannot find a universal information source in such a case. You need to use the original books, even if they are in an online format, some publications, and so on. Hence, here, we would limit ourselves with one online source only.
Encyclopedia.com – there, you can try to find any publication you need for your essay. If your luck is not on your side today, the only option is to check all the sources that your teacher has provided or to pass by the Boston college library.
Quotes, and Many More Things to Make Your Essay Beautiful
There are many websites online where you can find quotes. But after a short research, we have found out that not all of them are reliable. Not all of them provide the origin of quotes correctly, and moreover, some even provide quotes with mistakes, which is absolutely not acceptable.
Hence, here is one of the best online resources you can really count on when you want to find some quotes to adorn your essay: BrainyQuote.com. Here, you can sort the quotes if you need a particular author or a topic.
And finally, some words from us. Whatever kind of essay you are writing, make sure it is an original paper that reflects your ideas and emotions, if needed. Show your personal attitude, your position to the problem discussed. If it differs from the commonly accepted one, do not be afraid of telling about it, as well. Only then your paper will have the needed quality.