Betting is a form of gambling. It has been with us since the ages of our forefathers. Fast track to 2019, betting has become one of the fastest growing businesses of all times. It is a booming venture that brings in billions of dollars annually.
A multitude of lads enjoys betting. These are people who place bets on a more frequent basis. These are people that live and breathe gambling. They are conversant with everything that involves betting, including bookiesfc.com , a site where they can easily gain access to the latest betting offers.
Another type is the occasional ones who indulge in this adrenaline rushing activity once in a while. They will visit a casino or place bets on big sporting events not so often.
There is another breed of people that believe betting is just a waste of time and money. They do not comprehend the phenomenon behind risking their whole livelihood for a stake. Instead, they would opt to invest the money in something else of importance to them.
Different people have different opinions on betting. Some people are unbothered by the uncertainties surrounding betting. Others will not hear of it. Therefore, it is for you to sit down and decide if this sporting activity is for you or not.
On that note, below are some of the pros and cons of betting as a whole.
PROS OF BETTING
- The ease at which you can get started: It is pretty easy to start betting. It does not require any set of skills. There are however a few basic tips you will have to be conversant with as a beginner but nothing over the top. Over time, when you decide to get into frequent betting, you will have to step up and do quite a bit of research on the sport, in order to have a clear understanding of what is involved.
There are also people that will venture into betting as a by the way. What this means is, they are awarded promotional items that offer free bets. These free bets are offered by bookmakers to attract you into betting with them.
Other such free bets are the ones we call risk-free bet promotions. These are the kind of free bets that are offered by sports-books. They are fairly uncommon but one such example is a mybookie promotionnal code.
- The possibility of a win: This can easily be rated among the best reasons why people venture into betting. The thought of becoming an overnight millionaire or the mere possibility of doubling up on their invested wager is enough to get them running to the bank.
The beauty of gambling is that you do not need to have a master’s degree in economics or be a financial expert. You just have to be lucky.
That is the sole reason why a beginner will quickly try their luck because there is no stipulated formula in which the odds are going to fall. They can place their wagers for the first time and acquire winnings.
There are also games like poker where the players’ skill level is at a high. These players will engage in such sports betting their way into casinos because they believe they will win with ease.
- It is diverse: Not many people understand the diversity of betting. Betting is not only restricted to sports and casino games but a whole load of other activities like poker and blackjack.
- It is exciting, fun and entertaining: A lot of players, who engage in betting, do it for the fun of it. Just like others enjoy activities like swimming and playing football, they enjoy placing bets on sporting events.
Another thing is that, when placing wagers on a specific game or sport, it makes the game more exciting to watch. No matter how ‘insignificant’ the match is, the fact that there will be financial implications at the end of the match is enough to get them super excited.
CONS OF BETTING
Unfortunately, there is another side of the coin. Betting has some disadvantages that cannot be downplayed. Below is a list of some of the disadvantages of betting.
- The possibility of a loss: Most people will agree to have lost money at some point while betting. Some people believe that the chances of winning depend on the skill level and determination of the players. This is not accurate because we have seen instances where a renowned team is beaten by a ‘small’ team.
- It is virtually impossible to win every time: As much as we would want to be on the winning side, it is impossible to always record a win. One day you hit the jackpot, the next you realize lady luck was not on your side. Surprisingly, most people who bet know this and are prepared to lose.
- It is addictive: This is by far the worst and most dangerous thing about betting. It is the core reason why most people would disapprove of it. It all starts with an occasional bet and then consistency starts to breed in. Before you realize it, you are in too deep.
Betting addiction does have some severe consequences. Some people go ahead to gamble with everything putting their lives and those of their families at risk. This, in turn, can cause stress, depression and even suicidal tendencies. From time to time we have heard of people who have jumped over the ledge just because their favorite team, the one they had bet on, lost. This is a fairly lesser percentage but the fact remains that betting can lead to addiction.
- It is disapproved my many: A lot of people disapprove of betting. It is surely not anyone’s business how you decide to use your money but some disapproval may hurt. This is especially true in cases where the one betting is in a close relationship with the person disapproving of the practice.
Keeping in mind the above tips, it is up to you to decide whether or not betting is an activity you would want to pursue. One advice I would like to give is, in case you decide to jump aboard, make sure you are betting on sporting events you are knowledgeable about. If not, make sure you do extensive research and put in the hard work. This will ensure minimal losses and make it a fun pastime activity. Happy betting!